CWTA Board Meeting Minutes 12-6-17

icon

CWTA BOARD MEETING 12-6-17

BELOW YOU WILL FIND THE MINUTES FROM THE CENTRAL WYOMING TRAILS ALLIANCE MEETING OF THE BOARD MEMBERS ON DECEMBER 6TH 2017

CWTA Board Meeting Minutes

December 6th 2017

  • Roll Call
    • Present: Bruce Lamberson, Adam Windel, Adam Arguello, Tyler Patik, Erik Aune, Mike Diesburg, Clint Connor, Ben Smith, Tia Leschin, & Mason Sale
    • Absent: Lauren Griffith and Adam Leiferman
  • Approve previous meeting’s minutes
    • Approved
  • Financials
    • Approved
    • Insurance coming up
      • Attendance record to keep documentation of Board Members as only board members are covered on insurance
    • Dig In Campaign
      • Push $40 to Facebook through end of year
      • Print flyers to shops
      • $1000 goal
      • Put flyers on mountain
    • Map progress and thoughts on map for sale
      • Revert back to some of the original trail names
        • Ridge to to Nelly’s
        • Dungeon to Diesburg’s Dungeon
        • Etc.
      • We will not fund Kiosks without our approval/approach county commissioner to present what we have.
      • Maze trail needs a new name.
      • Intersections numbered, not to be confused with 911 poles
      • Put other trail areas on trial forks
        • Squaw Creek
        • Muddy Mountain
        • Cross Roads
      • Eadsville Grooming
        • Fat bike races approved starting on Dec. 19th, continuing every other Tuesday tentatively in conjunction with the headlamp series, Tia organizing
          • Help build our relationship with the Nordic Club
          • Proceeds from fat bike races go to Nordic Club
        • Grooming Monday
        • Consider Grooming parts of Dungeon and N 40?
        • Group grooming efforts, possibly get group snowshoe hikes going.
      • Winter use signs
        • 4 signs for $100
        • Showing not to hike without snowshoes, right of way, etc.
        • Make a handful of yield signs to put at the Nordic trail crossings
        • Erik to get printed
      • Pump Track Progress
        • BMX still hanging onto it, said to have the money worked out
        • Dropped the idea of paving it
        • Tyler has acquired some plans and met with Erik and the BMX board to discuss possibilities, plotted some dimensions and have a lot of room to work with
        • Clint to measure dirt in parking lot and see if it’s enough and usable
        • CWTA still to help
      • Alcova/Freemont Proposal
        • Proof and discuss again next meeting
        • Everyone put in their thoughts soon so we can submit it.
        • Mason will send out to everyone
      • Discuss Vice President
        • Tia offered and was voted in as vice president
      • Board Member Rolls
        • Tia wants to help with grooming and fat bike races through winter
      • Wyoming Conservation Corp projects
        • Contacted us about a new project
        • Perimeter trail would be a great project to have them tackle
        • Ben to contact
      • Web contact
        • Contacted us about possible trail projects and how he could help
        • Active trail user, knows the community
        • Interested in Wolf Creek area trails, connecting out to Squaw Creek
        • Could be an asset as a board member
      • Future projects
        • Pump track next priority
        • More miles
          • Alcova
          • Connect other trail areas
        • Winter Trails Festival?
          • January 20th
          • Need to start advertising soon.
          • Less than last year, tone it back a bit and start later
          • Start at 1:00 or so, end with beer and bon fire
        • Set approximate meeting date
          • Jan 3rd tentatively

LEAVE A REPLY

loading
×